Fathers Celebrating Daughters – a three hour workshop for Dads of girls.
Fathers have a special and important role to play as their daughters metamorphose from little girls through puberty to menstruating and fertile young women.
Are you ready?
Are you overwhelmed?
Or are you sailing through?
Expect a lively and quite possibly enlightening discussion with many great tips and ideas for fathers wishing to open and maintain conversations with their daughters.
Fathers Celebrating Daughters has been attended by fathers of daughters of all ages, from little girls to older teenagers and beyond. Working with the age of daughters and the interests and concerns of attendees, facilitators shape the workshop to suit the needs and concerns of those present.
Topics can include:
- Staying close and connected
- Understanding and supporting girl’s changes of puberty and menarche
- What is a father’s role as his daughter nears menarche?
- Understanding and mitigating the sexualisation of girls by media, advertising and the online world, including pornography
- Supporting self esteem, positive body image and healthy relationships
- How to share your values with your daughter, and listen to hers
- How to share a positive, respectful, loving and connected view of sex
- PMS, menstruation, cramps – helping girls toward menstrual wellbeing
Contact us for more information and booking
Fathers Celebrating Daughters was created by Jane Bennett in response to the requests of men wanting to understand and support their daughters through their tween and teen years, especially in a climate of parenting advice that has tended to diminish a father’s role or offer only the most general homilies. Emily is a trained facilitator of this work, accredited by Jane.